How do I launch my business?! How do people hear about us?!

Did you find this post interesting and useful?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

How do I launch my business?! How do people hear about us?!

Postby Jacob » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:15 am

Of course there is, you just need to know where to look! There are hundreds, thousands of topsites (1), forums (2), blogs (3), social engines (4) and more that you can use to increase the page hits on your website, to generate revenue.

1. Topsites

Registering your website on a topsite (toplist), will increase a) the chances of people viewing your site b) brand awareness (company awareness) c) revenue (if they choose to stay, and participate in your community).

Some of you may ask, "Sure I register to a topsite, but I am ranked as 250, what's the point?". Even if you are ranked at 250, the topsite will help your websites chances of being indexed on popular engines using the topsites popularity. Such as Google, Yahoo - Search, Bing etc.

If you can manage to pull in a couple votes, maybe add a voting - reward script on your website (find a way to incorporate something like that) you'll get a lot of hits from people clicking you on the topsite.

2. Forums

Public forums, related to your business, or even general business forums can be very useful. Normally, some forums have "Advertisement" sections, or "Product" sections where you can released detailed information about your company, and your products. Why not take advantage of that?

Some of the benefits of doing this, which is the same as the topsite is a) the chances of people viewing your site b) brand awareness (company awareness) c) revenue (if they choose to stay, and participate in your community).

Some of you may ask, "Sure I register to this forum, I post my stuff and hardly anyone replies, what's the point?". Even if no one replies, the forum will help your websites chances of being indexed on popular engines using the forums popularity. Such as Google, Yahoo - Search, Bing etc.

3. Blogs

This is one of the best ways to get a lot of feedback on your company, as well as customers. If you post your new releases, special deals etc on Blogs (maybe Digg?) a lot of people will normally reply to it. Some of it may not come to you as intelligent feedback, especially if you see the posters age as "12", "15", "19". But honestly, they know more about the "what's up now" in the world than any of your co-workers. Maybe they don't know as much, but they know a lot about the current trends, style etc.

Some of the benefits of doing this, which is the same as the topsite is a) the chances of people viewing your site b) brand awareness (company awareness) c) revenue (if they choose to stay, and participate in your community).

Some of you may ask, "Sure I register to this blog, I post my stuff and hardly anyone replies, what's the point?". Even if no one replies, the forum will help your websites chances of being indexed on popular engines using the forums popularity. Such as Google, Yahoo - Search, Bing etc.

4. Social Engines

Social engines such as Facebook, Linked - in, MySpace etc are very useful when not only advertising your business, but making it a fun and interesting community. It will also increase your brand awareness and the chances of being indexed on popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo - Search, Bing etc.

---

Please feel free to debate this topic, I am interested in seeing what you think about this.
Jacob

Return to Marketing